Windows XP Indexing snap-in failed to initialize

Reaction score
I have recently uninstalled WDS 3.0 from my computer (indexing service for Outlook 2007) and have been unable to get the search and indexing services to work correctly since. When I go to "computer management" amd click on the "+" sign in front of "services and applications" I get an error message...
Snap-in failed to initialize
Name: Indexing service
CLSID:{95AD72F0-44CE-11D0-AE29-00AA004B9986}

Also if I check the Windows Search Service under Administrative Tools I find that the service has not started, I'm also getting frequent error logs for search service in the event viewer i.e...

Catagory Gatherer Event I.D 3034
The registry version does not match with the expected <4020000>, or the registry cannot be accessed because the service account does not have the correct permissions. Uninstall the previous version before installing the new one.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated as after hours of searching the net and my computer I've come up with absolutely nothing!

Ask a Question