    no one can edit it, remove it, or anything.

    Thanks
    Eric

    Eric Sender, Oct 4, 2008

  2. Eric Sender

    $hri...! Guest

    The best way to do this is to make sure that you check Different First
    Page in the Headers and Footers design tab. Then what I found I had to do
    was to set up a document with two pages, to make sure the second (and
    subsequent) pages truly are different. You can then save it as a template
    for future use. Hope this helps

    $hri...!, Oct 5, 2008

  3. Eric Sender

    Jay Freedman Guest

    On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 14:49:18 -0700 (PDT), Eric Sender <>
    wrote:

    >I know a similar thread was written for this, but it specified Word
    >2000.
    >
    >I am looking for a way to lock the header and footer in a template so
    >no one can edit it, remove it, or anything.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Eric

    If you're referring to the code in the article
    http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/ProtectWord2000PlusHeader.htm then
    it will work in Word 2007.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman

    Jay Freedman, Oct 5, 2008
  4. Eric Sender

    Graham Mayor Guest

    However like all macro based solutions it will only work if the users allow
    the macro to run. Ultimately there is no way to stop a user from editing a
    document that you allow them to open.

    --
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com