    French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is
    set to English!
    How can I change it to English in Outlook Express?

    Herb, Dec 25, 2007

  2. Herb

    Mary Guest

    Outlook Express has nothing to do with Office or Outlook settings. OE is a
    Windows program. Change OE's settings in Windows Control Panel, Regional &
    Language settings.

    Mary, Dec 25, 2007

  3. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    reading.

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Dec 25, 2007
  4. Herb

    Charles Guest

    RE: In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change

    I beg to differ, Mary, but the same thing happened to me when I installed
    Office 2007. When I started OExpress, the spell checker was in French, so I
    checked my language region settings in Windows XP & guess what? It was still
    set to English. So I decided that since the problem started with Office 2007,
    I would see what the spell language was set on. The Office 2007 was set for
    French, so I changed it to English and all of my Office 2007 programs
    accepted the change and checks my spelling in English, but my Outlook Express
    still tries to check in French. There is no way to change the language from
    within OE Express. I am still searching for a fix since I use OE for the
    speed and simplicity that it provides.

    Charles, Jan 7, 2008
  5. Herb

    Gordon Guest

    "Charles" <> wrote in message
    >I beg to differ, Mary, but the same thing happened to me when I installed
    > Office 2007. When I started OExpress, the spell checker was in French, so
    > checked my language region settings in Windows XP & guess what? It was
    > still
    > set to English. So I decided that since the problem started with Office
    > 2007,
    > I would see what the spell language was set on. The Office 2007 was set
    > for
    > French, so I changed it to English and all of my Office 2007 programs
    > accepted the change and checks my spelling in English, but my Outlook
    > Express
    > still tries to check in French. There is no way to change the language
    > from
    > within OE Express. I am still searching for a fix since I use OE for the
    > speed and simplicity that it provides.

    There are two fixes.
    One - install the English proofing tools from Office 2003 if you have it, or
    two - install a third-party spell check for OE. Google will give you your
    choices.

    Gordon, Jan 7, 2008
  6. Herb

    luv2balive Guest

    Re: In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change

    This is a known Microsoft issue and get this! Their only solution is to
    download third party software. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974. If
    someone knows of a real fix, please post it

    luv2balive, Jan 18, 2008
  7. Herb

    Gordon Guest

    "luv2balive" <> wrote in message
    > This is a known Microsoft issue and get this! Their only solution is to
    > download third party software. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974. If
    > someone knows of a real fix, please post it

    No, that is the only answer unless you have a copy of Office 2003 from which
    you can install the English Proofing tools.
    Outlook Express has been superceded by Windows Mail and so there will be NO
    further development or fixes AFAIK...

    Gordon, Jan 18, 2008
  8. Herb

    Steaphon

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Outlook express issue with french only

    I gave up and simply went to Windows Live Mail. Easier...

    Steaphon, Apr 21, 2009
  9. Herb

    Nickym9

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    i fixed the problem !! I installed MS Office 2007 on an xp computer and it deletes the english spell check. The reason for this is that MS office 2007 does not like (not really compatible) with older versions of outlook as there is a new model. This means that it deletes some files. I am not telling you to use a pirate copy of MS office 2003 but if you can get a copy, run it on your computer, choose custom install, and install only MS outlook. Once this goes through you will have teh english labguage back :)

    Nickym9, Dec 20, 2010