In excel, can you make a cell blink?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Misc' started by Guest, May 12, 2005.

    In excel, can you make a cell blink?

    Guest, May 12, 2005

    Nope not yet!!!!! Maybe Tomorrow!!!

    Mike R.

    "giveya50" wrote:

    > In excel, can you make a cell blink?

    Guest, May 12, 2005

    JE McGimpsey Guest

    It's possible with VBA. Do a search in the archives:

    http://google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel*

    NOTE however, that blinking cells may be a violation of section 508 of
    the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (they can trigger epileptic seizures),
    and are in any case damned annoying...

    JE McGimpsey, May 12, 2005

    You might try an OnTime Event procedure to alternately change a cell's
    background color back and forth. But it would not blink very fast.
    --
    Gary's Student

    Guest, May 12, 2005

    Please can you tell me how to go about applying the below: onto a work sheet.
    Thanks
    andy

    Guest, May 13, 2005

    JE McGimpsey Guest

    Look at the archives using the URI I gave you - there are dozens or
    hundreds of examples.

    See http://cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for more help on OnTime.

    JE McGimpsey, May 13, 2005

    Thanks but this is a bit tooo far advanced for me. Is there an eaiser way? -
    am not sure what to do shall i just highligh cells and right click somewhere?

    Guest, May 13, 2005
  8. Nope.

    You need some of that VBA stuff.

    bowlesa wrote:

    > Thanks but this is a bit tooo far advanced for me. Is there an eaiser way? -
    > am not sure what to do shall i just highligh cells and right click somewhere?
    >
    > "JE McGimpsey" wrote:
    >
    > > Look at the archives using the URI I gave you - there are dozens or
    > > hundreds of examples.
    > >
    > > See http://cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for more help on OnTime.
    > >

    > > In article <>,
    > > "bowlesa" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Please can you tell me how to go about applying the below: onto a work sheet.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, May 13, 2005