In Excel 2007 chart with multiple lines, mouse doesn't track lines

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Charting' started by sfuelling, Aug 19, 2009.

  1. sfuelling

    sfuelling Guest

    If I open an Excel 2003 x-y scatter line chart with multiple (x,y) line
    graphs (or open a graph that was saved under Excel 2007), and I move the
    mouse over the various lines (some of them may be close to each other) then
    there is an x 'offset' in the location of the mouse and when Excel recognizes
    a line graph and displayes the line title with a little message underneath
    the mouse cursor. Another way to explain thsi behaviour is if you try to
    click at a particular line graph, it may not select it, it may select a
    different line graph that is located left to where the mouse is.

    This is very agonzing when trying to analyze data, which I and my collegues
    need to do. Excel 2007 is therefore almost useless to us. Also if you, e.g.,
    try to change the color or appearance of the line, you may not be able to
    select it easily.

    It is as if the internal coordinates of the chart area are not tracked
    properly to the mouse coordinates when the mouse moves over the chart area.
    Possibly both the x and y coordinates have an 'offset'.

    I have update to the service pack 2. Are there further Excel-only updates
    available?

    sfuelling, Aug 19, 2009

  2. sfuelling

    Jon Peltier Guest

    Re: In Excel 2007 chart with multiple lines, mouse doesn't tracklines

    You may have to recreate the charts in Excel 2007.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier
    Peltier Technical Services, Inc.