    the other one goes with it. It seems like it should be so easy to delete one
    and not the other or just move the location of one and not the other.
    However, I can not figure out how to do this.

    CSO Alicia, Sep 5, 2008

  2. CSO Alicia <CSO Alicia @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I recently switched from Access 2003 to 2007. I have found when I create a
    >report in report wizard the label and text box are connected. If I move one,
    >the other one goes with it. It seems like it should be so easy to delete one
    >and not the other or just move the location of one and not the other.
    >However, I can not figure out how to do this.

    I don't use A2007 enough to know if it's much different but
    in all previous versions you can just lick on the label and
    hit the delete key to get rid of it.

    To move one without moving the other, drag the upper left
    handle (where the mouse pointer changes to a hand/finger.

    If you want to detach the label from the text box, click on
    the label, Cut it and then select a blank area in the
    section and Paste it, Then you can drag it wherever.

    --
    Marsh
    MVP [MS Access]

    Marshall Barton, Sep 5, 2008

  3. Alicia I'm having the same problem. If you found thee solution could you
    please post it? I was not able to make Marshall's suggestions work.
    Thanks

    Lost but trying hard, Sep 6, 2008
  4. Make sure you are in **design** view when you try to do this
    kind of thing. I believe that layout view does not allow
    much more than formatting changes.
    --
    Marsh
    MVP [MS Access]

    Lost but trying hard <Lost but trying

    Marshall Barton, Sep 7, 2008
  5. CSO Alicia

    RoyVidar Guest

    CSO Alicia wrote:
    > I recently switched from Access 2003 to 2007. I have found when I
    > create a report in report wizard the label and text box are
    > connected. If I move one, the other one goes with it. It seems like
    > it should be so easy to delete one and not the other or just move
    > the location of one and not the other. However, I can not figure out
    > how to do this.

    When working with controls, there should be an Arrange tab, with a
    group called Control Layout. The button called Remove within that group
    should allow that.

    --
    Roy-Vidar

    RoyVidar, Sep 7, 2008
  6. CSO Alicia

    L.K. Guest

    Re: in 2007 the text box and label move together, how do I separat

    Have any of you found the solution to this? 2007 does not operate like 2003
    as there are not separate "handles" for the label and text box. I'm
    wondering if it is a bug in 2007? I'd appreciate any help/suggestions.
    Thanks.

    L.K., Oct 30, 2008
  7. Open report in design view, click on the Arrange ribbon, click on the label you wish to move, click on the Remove button under the Control Layout section of the Arrange ribbon, then either move the label or the text box.

    geraldine fitzpatrick, Sep 23, 2010
  8. CSO Alicia

    Access of old

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trying to come up to speed with a later version of Access as I am use to older versions.

    In Arrange Tab, Ther is a block called "Control layout". This has three options on the left "Tabular", "Stacked" and "Remove". Click on Remove and it frees them all up.
    :thumb:

    Access of old, Feb 19, 2012