Importing video into Movie Maker

Discussion in 'Windows XP Video' started by Guest, Oct 16, 2007.

    I need to import a video I made for my local animal shelter into Movie Maker
    so I can cut it into pieces for easy web viewing via YouTube or somesuch.

    I have an .mpg version I downloaded from one of the cable access stations
    that broadcasts it, and I also have a DVD copy. I haven't tried loading it
    via the DVD player because I don't see a way to do that.

    Videos are here (adding this link to quell any suspicion that I'm trying to
    pirate DVDs or something):
    http://www.mcam23.com/mpeg/movies/02AnimalsPets/ForPets/

    I've read the other posts about converting .mpg files into .avi files, but
    they all link to programs like VirtualDubMod which is 4 years old. Is that
    program still viable, and is it easy to use? Money is tight, so freeware is
    preferred and "easy" is pretty much a requirement.

    We're just trying to get the message out to help save puppies, kitties and
    bunnies. Help!

    Thanks,
    Doug

    www.rescueleague.org

    Guest, Oct 16, 2007

    PapaJohn Guest

    my website's Setup MM2 in XP > Other Software page has current links to
    software apps... and to my online newsletters that help you use them. Yes,
    the VirtualDub family is alive and well.

    PapaJohn

    PapaJohn, Oct 16, 2007

    I have same problem. I attended a bootcamp for speakers and received a video
    of my speech by disk for me to edit into a decent demo video. It is an .mpg
    file and windows movie maker won't import it. the error message I get is "
    could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events
    from". I have no idea what this means and can't seem to find any answers
    anywhere to rectify the problem. Windows experts can't be that mean, not to
    give the error message but not the sway to find the solution, can they????????
    Mary

    Guest, Nov 3, 2007
  4. I face the same problem.... on my new vista. Unfortunately microsoft doesnt
    respond :(

    sanjaykattimani, Dec 19, 2007

    John Inzer Guest

    sanjaykattimani wrote:
    > I face the same problem.... on my new vista. Unfortunately microsoft
    > doesnt respond :(

    ================================
    Maybe these articles will offer some ideas:

    Movie Maker 2 - Importing MPEG Files
    http://tinyurl.com/eajjh

    File type compatibility with Movie Maker
    http://tinyurl.com/v8tee

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Dec 19, 2007

    Swansong Guest

    Many thanks for your help. I also received help from another source and that
    was to use Roxio software to split the video into smaller chunks for Movie
    Maker to inport and then break into clips for inserting into different spots
    on my home made video. I think I am getting the hang of it all now.
    Mary

    Swansong, Dec 19, 2007

    John Inzer Guest

    Swansong wrote:
    > Many thanks for your help. I also received help from another source
    > and that was to use Roxio software to split the video into smaller
    > chunks for Movie Maker to inport and then break into clips for
    > inserting into different spots on my home made video. I think I am
    > getting the hang of it all now.
    > Mary

    You're welcome.

    Thanks for the update.