    it is unhighlited. When I shutdown XP the image that I originally had on the
    desktop appears briefly befor the computer turns off.
    Any problem solving techniques for this would be greatly appreciated.

    Talatriel, Jul 18, 2008

  2. Talatriel

    Malke Guest

    Talatriel wrote:

    > Wondering if anyone can help wth this. On Windows XP I had a photo from
    > My
    > Pictures set as a desktop background. Now screen is blue after turning on
    > and I cannot save anything in My Pictures as a desktop background.
    > When I go into the desktop properties and go to Themes I can click on any
    > of
    > the themes but nothing changes after clicking on Apply. When I go into
    > backgrounds I can no longer use the drop down box to choose a background
    > as
    > it is unhighlited. When I shutdown XP the image that I originally had on
    > the desktop appears briefly befor the computer turns off.
    > Any problem solving techniques for this would be greatly appreciated.

    Since your problem is symptomatic of virus infection, the first thing to do
    is to make sure the computer is clean:

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

    Malke, Jul 18, 2008

  3. Try my Desktop Reset tool. Download it here
    http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm

    --
    Ignore posts made by the person called Leythos, he is a stalker who's been
    obsessed with me for years ever since I spurned his advances towards me.

    The Real Truth MVP, Jul 18, 2008
  4. Talatriel

    Malke Guest

    The Real Truth MVP wrote:

    > Try my Desktop Reset tool. Download it here
    > http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm

    I'm so sorry that you haven't recovered from your accident, Chris.
    Apparently the horror of going off a cliff has caused you to think you are
    an MS-MVP when you aren't.

    Nor should anyone download files from a website which hosts pr0n.

    Malke

    Malke, Jul 18, 2008
  5. Talatriel

    Kelly Guest

    See line 285 (right hand side):

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    SupportSpace
    www.supportspace.com/pages?aiu=kellyskorner

    Kelly, Jul 18, 2008
  6. Talatriel

    kleroy

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had this poblem after I installed a free sceensaver program named Wallery Wallpaper. It seemed to override my attempts to save any other image as XP background. My computer kept booting to the Wallery background after briefly displaying my image. After uninstalling Wallery my computer now boots with my preferred image which I had saved to My Pictures. Hope you find this helpful.

    kleroy, Mar 3, 2012
  7. Talatriel

    kleroy

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had this probem after installing a free desktop wallpaper program called Wallery Wallpaper, which apparently overrode all my attemps to save other images for the desktop. After uninstalling this program I was able to save other images to desktop.

    kleroy, Mar 4, 2012
  8. Talatriel

    kleroy

    Joined: