Windows XP IE Slow With Router

Reaction score
HEy all,

just installed ADSL Wireless Router (Belkin) all's working fine except internet explorer is slow and times out on any page apart from google, all sites ping ok and viewing webpages if fine through the AOL software (strange to me, usually the other way round), this happens on both the machines on the network, one machine is connected via cable and the other is wireless.

just looking for any ideas?

Win XP Pro & Home

plus i can't seem to find a firmware up date for this router (f5d7630-4a).

Cheers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I seem to have the same router as you Techy, although mine works fine. If ADSL is set up through the router, have you made sure IE is using "Never Dial a Connection" (Tools > Options > Connection)? You could also make sure it is set to the defaults under TCP/IP settings for your network adapter (very much doubt that though).

You could try doing a reset on the router too, under the web control panel. Worth a go :)

Reaction score
Problem Solved.

MTU (maxiumum transmission unit) for AOL has to be set @ 1400.

:)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
That's a contradiction of terms. :D

Can't help on the router problem, I don't like Belkin. :(
lol, the aol software leaves alot to be desired but the connection speed and reliability is excellent. just don't use the software or tech support.

mucks, you may not like belkin, what if one of your customers do?

Ask a Question