    i do wrong and how do i fix this problem??
    --
    Norton

    norton, Oct 2, 2009

  2. norton

    Rich Barry Guest

    Have you tried another browser such as Firefox, Opera, etc??

    Rich Barry, Oct 2, 2009

  3. norton

    norton Guest

    yes i tried firefox also and it cannot even connect, it tells me to retry
    again, which i have tried several times, but still will not connect! I even
    tried to go back to an earlier version of IE to see if I could reload IE and
    get it to work but that does not even work.
    --
    Norton

    norton, Oct 2, 2009
  4. norton

    Rich Barry Guest

    What kind of ISP Service do you have? Cable, Dial Up, FIOS etc Did
    you check with them? Rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device
    Manager>Network
    Adaptors>expand and check to see if there are any yellow marks next to the
    device listed. If yes, then you have to reinstall the drivers.

    Rich Barry, Oct 2, 2009
  5. norton

    norton Guest

    I havae DSL from the phone company and i contacted them and they helped me to
    trouble shoot and find out that it is not coming from them it is my computer
    that is the problem(they say after the troubleshooting). Yes i check all of
    the Device Manager items and no alerts there, that is why i tried to reload
    my IE and when that would not help then i went to the DSL provider, so that
    is why i am now posting here to see if anyone has any other ideas, i hope i
    am not going to have to reload my OS.
    --
    Norton

    norton, Oct 3, 2009
  6. norton

    Rich Barry Guest

    You could try going to C:\Windows\System32\Catroot2 folder. Rename the
    folder. Restart. You could also try disabling or uninstalling your network
    adaptor. Reinstall and
    reconnect to DSL.

    Rich Barry, Oct 4, 2009
  7. norton

    smlunatick Guest

    On Oct 2, 9:41 pm, norton <> wrote:
    > yes i tried firefox also and it cannot even connect, it tells me to retry
    > again, which i have tried several times, but still will not connect! I even
    > tried to go back to an earlier version of IE to see if I could reload IE and
    > get it to work but that does not even work.
    > --
    > Norton
    >
    > "Rich Barry" wrote:
    > >      Have you tried another browser such as Firefox, Opera, etc??
    > > "norton" <> wrote in message
    > > > After i tried to update to SP 3 on my HP running Win XP with SP 2 working
    > > > fine,  I now find that my IE will not connect to the internet and browse
    > > > any web pages. All i get is "This page cannot be displayed" etc.... What
    > > > did
    > > > i do wrong and how do i fix this problem??
    > > > --
    > > > Norton

    If most "web browsers" are also not working, the problem is not just
    with Internet Explorer . IE using the built-in networking controls
    and these seem to be updated as part of the SP3 install. How did the
    SP3 update fail? Was this done thur Windows Update?

    Which version of IE?

    You may need to find the details on how to reset the Windows IP
    protocol stack.

    smlunatick, Oct 5, 2009
  8. norton

    norton Guest

    I am soooo stupid, Dah it just came to me that i could go to sys restore and
    restore to an earlier point, so i went back to a couple of weeks ago and did
    a restore and now everything works fine. But thank you all for your
    suggestions i appreciate the input...
    --
    Norton

    norton, Oct 6, 2009