ID Software Announces Doom III

Reaction score
ID Software, the maker of such popular games as Doom, Quake and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, announced today that they will demo Doom III at this year's E3. This is an important development for the gaming industry because it will be the first game to feature ID's new game engine. The Quake III engine alone powers hundreds of games and the new Doom III engine will feature many new improvements over the previous generation, enabling not only ID's developers, but others as well, to keep pushing the limit of video cards with amazing visuals.

Read the full press release here.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I cant wait for this game, addmitedly more so for the graphics engine ;) I'm a sucker for eye candy!

Reaction score
I agree. There were some early shots released a while ago, albeit very grainy and bad quality, but they look nice...and dark. ;) The engine should be great, considering Quake III's engine is already used in everything from RTCW to MOHAA to just about everything else.

Ask a Question