    installed service" .
    I'm not sure what it means and I don't know where to go from here.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Woody, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Woody

    Eric Guest

    Hi Woody,

    Click Start, Run, type "msconfig". Select the Services
    tab and make sure each of the following services are
    checked.

    Application Layer Gateway Service
    Network Connections
    Network Location Awareness (NLA)
    Plug and Play
    Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
    Remote Access Connection Manager
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    Telephony

    Then press Apply and Close. Then try to rerun the ICS
    Wizard again.

    -------------------------
    Eric

    the internet by cable
    >and is working.
    >Have set up a network to my son's computer which is

    runing 98SE.
    >When I try to run Network Setup Wizard it fails to

    complete, says there was
    >an error, but does not specify what it was.
    >When I attempt to manually turn on ICS by checking the

    ICS box on the
    >advanced tab of the properties dialog, I get this

    message "An error occured
    >while ICS was being enabled. The specified service does

    not exist as an

    Eric, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Woody

    Woody Guest

    Thanx for the reply.Unfortunately all the services were already checked.
    any other suggestions??

    Woody, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Woody

    Eric Guest

    Then go to Start, click Run and type "Services.msc"
    (without quotes) and click Ok. Verify that the services
    are running and enabled. Double click the service and
    select the Logon tab. Select the General tab, set the
    startup type to Automatic. Press Apply and Okay. Then
    shutdown and restart your machine.

    --------------
    Eric

    Eric, Nov 23, 2003
  5. Woody

    Woody Guest

    Still doesn't work

    Tried your suggestions but still no luck.
    Anything else you can suggest?

    Woody, Nov 23, 2003
  6. Re: Still doesn't work

    What about the " Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) / Internet Connection
    Sharing (ICS)" service? Does it show up in services.msc?

    --

    Ken Wickes [MSFT]

    Ken Wickes [MSFT], Nov 24, 2003