    dummy!!! In some windows and files there is no problem. This letter is
    plain.

    Thank you! Harmonica Player

    Jim and Pat German, Nov 26, 2008

  2. Jim and Pat German

    Leonard Grey Guest

    Are you operating your monitor at its native resolution?

    If you are not:
    Switch to the native resolution and see if that makes things look
    better. (You'll find the native resolution in your monitor's user manual.)

    If you are:

    1- Install the most recent driver for your video card. Is the image
    better? Problem solved. If not:

    2- Power off the computer. Detach the video cable at both ends. Examine
    the pins - do they look worn or bent? If so, you need a new video cable.
    If not, carefully re-attach the video cable. Power on your computer - is
    the image better? If so, your video cable was loose. If not:

    3- Try a different monitor. Is the image good? Your first monitor needs
    to be replaced. If the image is still bad, you need a new video card.
    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare Humanum Est

    Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

    Leonard Grey, Nov 26, 2008

  3. Thank you Leonard!!!

    It is nice to have thoughtful guys like YOU around to help!!!

    It seems that my computer desk top and My Pictures PROBLEM was related to a
    WRONG SETTING!! My RESOLUTION was set to 8 BIT rather than 16 or 32 BIT. I
    went to the settings and increased the setting to 32 bit and everything
    cleared up!!! A message came up on the computer desk top this morning
    saying that "My RESOLUTION WAS SET LOW". PROBLEM IS SOLVED THANK YOU FOR
    BEING THERE!!!!! YOU HAVE A GREAT, RESTFUL THANKSGIVING DAY!!!!!

    Your friend, James M. German ... retired farmer producing over 9 million
    frying size chickens and professional harmonica player
    My website:
    http://hstrial-jgerman.homestead.com/index.html

    I hope everything goes well with you!!!!!

    James M. German
    133 German Farm Road
    Boomer, NC 28606

    Jim and Pat German, Nov 26, 2008
  4. Jim and Pat German

    Leonard Grey Guest

    Glad to help.

    This is a small matter, really, but we may as well get the terminology
    right, for future needs. What you adjusted (from 8-bit to 32-bit) is
    called the color depth. It tells your video card how many colors it has
    to work with.

    What I suggested earlier - resolution - refers to the amount of detail
    your images have, measured in pixels. For example, your monitor may be
    displaying a resolution of 1,024 pixels per row X 768 rows. The
    resolution you choose should match the built-in resolution of your monitor.

    Keep playing that harmonica.
    ---

    Leonard Grey, Nov 26, 2008
  5. On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:29:28 -0500, Leonard Grey
    <> wrote:

    > Are you operating your monitor at its native resolution?
    >
    > If you are not:
    > Switch to the native resolution and see if that makes things look
    > better. (You'll find the native resolution in your monitor's user manual.)

    A clarification here: LCD monitors have a native resolution, and what
    you suggest is likely his problem if his monitor is LCD. But if he has
    a CRT, there is no native resolution.

    > If you are:
    >
    > 1- Install the most recent driver for your video card. Is the image
    > better? Problem solved. If not:
    >
    > 2- Power off the computer. Detach the video cable at both ends. Examine
    > the pins - do they look worn or bent? If so, you need a new video cable.
    > If not, carefully re-attach the video cable. Power on your computer - is
    > the image better? If so, your video cable was loose. If not:
    >
    > 3- Try a different monitor. Is the image good? Your first monitor needs
    > to be replaced. If the image is still bad, you need a new video card.
    > ---
    > Leonard Grey
    > Errare Humanum Est
    >
    > Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine
    >
    > Jim and Pat German wrote:
    > > Hi Intelectual Friends!!!!
    > >
    > > This is "HARMONICA PLAYER" here,
    > >
    > > I play chromatic harmonicas on a professional level and have a CD selling on
    > > the market at CD Baby...
    > >
    > > MY PROBLEM: All of a sudden all the icons, writing and pictures have
    > > BECOME VERY FUZZY AND DULL on my desk top screen. Even the pictures in "MY
    > > PICTURES" are dull and fuzzy. On my desk top the (-) sign that withdraws
    > > the page to the TASK BAR is whited out until it is invisible. The clock and
    > > other items in the TASK BAR are faded out with odd colors. What must I do
    > > to correct this problem. Tell me in elementary terms, I am a 70 year old
    > > dummy!!! In some windows and files there is no problem. This letter is
    > > plain.
    > >
    > > Thank you! Harmonica Player

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Nov 26, 2008