ICF is currently enabled on XXXserver. To configure RRAS, please disable ICF...

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 RAS Routing' started by Thomas Jepsen, Oct 11, 2003.

  1. This is the error I get when trying to configure and
    enable RRAS on my customer's server.

    I have tried:
    * disabling the icf for all network connections

    * searching for the following on the MS web site:
    - "ICF is currently enabled"
    - "To configure RRAS, please disable ICF please disable
    ICF and try again"

    I did not find any documents.

    * disabling ICF under Services and restarting the w2k3
    server

    NOTHING HELPS! I hope you could help me out here.

    Regards
    Thomas Jepsen

    Thomas Jepsen, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Thomas Jepsen

    Squitter Guest

    Hello!
    I have the same problem!
    In addition to Thomas's actions, I tried to uninstall and reinstall
    both my NIC, but nothing happens!
    Please, help us!

    The Squitter

    Squitter, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Thomas Jepsen

    Ev Guest

    Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

    Ev, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Thomas Jepsen

    utarun Guest

    "Ev" <> wrote in message news:<057a01c3d081$430474f0$>...
    > Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

    I run into the same issue. No answers on Microsoft site or anywhere else on the web.

    utarun, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Thomas Jepsen

    gpyne Guest

    I would like to know about this one too. I have written to microsoft
    and I have been ignored. I rang there help desk and they want to
    charge me to figure out the problem. Does anyone out there know how I
    can be sure the firewall is not interfering wiht ther RRAS. Everything
    suggests it is off?

    Please help us.

    gpyne

    gpyne, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Thomas Jepsen

    wampsk Guest

    Do you have ISA installed on your server? I got this exact same messag
    and discovered that using the vpn connection wizard from within IS
    started the RRAS without the error.

    Open ISA management
    Right Click Network Configuration
    Choose the appropriate VPN option

    Cheers, Jess Laile

    -
    wamps

    wampsk, Mar 4, 2004
  7. Thomas Jepsen

    najeeb

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This is the error I get when trying to configure andenable RRAS on my customer's server.I have tried:* disabling the icf for all network connections* searching for the following on the MS web site:- &quot;ICF is currently enabled&quot;- &quot;To configure RRAS, please disable ICF please disableICF and try again&quot;

    najeeb, Sep 2, 2011
  8. Thomas Jepsen

    qbodk

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi
    CONTROL PANEL ==> ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS ==> SERVICES ==> RIGHT CLICK ON "WINDOWS FIREWALL/INTERNET CONNECTION SHARING (ICS) ==> STARTUP TYPE="DISABLED" ==> CLICK STOP ==> APPLY
    IT'S DONE

    qbodk, Sep 25, 2013