I wonder whats inside the new XBox 360

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ohhhh :D I love articles like this.

Very interesting to see the PC-esq hardware inside!

Reaction score
Wow, this was very nice, and quite educating. I love to take gaming systems apart. I did it with my kids X-Box, and PS2, but i was able to put it back together.

Reaction score
Woah!

If they add support for a keyboard/mouse i may well have to buy one, sell my PC, buy a 20" TFT monitor, and a laptop!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
If its good for the 17 year old prodigy.. then its good enough for me ..although i will have to settle for a 17" monitor ?

Reaction score
Very cool article. I really had no idea just how close an Xbox was to a pc. Ok, so speaking of the original Xbox... if that was built using a standard Cd-rw drive and a Western digital hard drive.. and used IDE... whats to stop me from playing Xbox games on my pc...

(not the 360) -- I also wonder... if I removed the Xbox hardrive could I install that into my pc and run Xbox from my tower.. maybe there would be a lot of problems... it won't recognise 90% of the attatched devices. Makes me kinda want to get an old Xbix off of ebay and mess with it.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
If they add support for a keyboard/mouse i may well have to buy one, sell my PC, buy a 20" TFT monitor, and a laptop!

Yeah you and me both Chris........:D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah i thinks i might have to get me one of these....as recently sold my XBox 180.....;)

Reaction score
Its a PC labled as a gamebox.

Pentium 3

Western digital hard drive.

Nvida video chip.

I dont have one and dont want one but with these parts it must fly.

Ask a Question