Windows 7 I switched on to a completely different computer this morning?

Reaction score
Guys
Hope this is in the right section. There is only one User on this PC so I booted up this morning as usual and logged in to a completely different Win 7 Premium desktop with lots of applications gone. I searched for Outlook 2010 to check emails and all emails seem to have gone as Outlook was about to do a first time run. The screen is totally different so I'm wondering what's happened? At least half of the files and some applications had just gone. I'm just running an ESET virus check, which has so far shown nothing sinister. Restore point was switched off apparently so I can't revert to yesterdays Win 7. I installed about a week ago the GWX Control Panel if that may have affected something. Anybody have any suggestions?? Any help much appreciated.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
GWX Control Panel
Just out of interest, around two weeks ago, I too installed GWX Control Panel on my Win 7 PC. I set it to block any un-asked-for downloads of Win 10, so guessing that is what you did too Arnold? It has not caused any issues here (so far) and I've not been "hi-jacked" by Win 10.

Reaction score
yes, I blocked any unwanted carp from the Win10 'in your face' alerts. So this machine has always been Win7.

Muckshifter - thanks for the reply, but I don't think this is a Win10 issue as the machine has always been Win7. Or am I missing the point of your post?

Ask a Question