i need your help and your opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hello every body
i must do a report about the software developer job in UK and i need your point of view, i mean according to your experience or what you listen about it,what are the requirements, the salary, the oportunities, the knowledges needed to being developer,...
how software developers are perceived in England...
all answers are welcome...
thanks and sorry for the mistakes (i am not english but tunisian...lol)

Reaction score
thank you for your answer...
and what about stereotypes, i know some peoples here thinking that to be a good developer you must be good in mathematic...

Reaction score
Are we helping you to do your Uni/College/School work/project?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have two daughters at University, both in their final year.

Part of their dissertations invloves research. This research can take the form of accessing dusty books in little known libraries tucked away in central city locations.

It can also take the form of asking questions and carrying out surveys on online Forums and is a perfectly legitimate form of research.

Unless an enquiry is a blatant request to more or less write an essay for the student it's a perfectly acceptable way of gathering information.

This is a computer forum, it's therefore a good possibility that some may be able to answer software questions.

I think it more likely that the information required here has to do with the commercial market, but I may be wrong.

Reaction score
to feckit
i don't ask you to do my work but just give me your opinion and my job will be to search if you are according with the reality or not...and sorry if my english is not good...
if i was living in the UK,i think i don't need to ask people because i will know how to found my answers...

Reaction score
Well from a friend who runs his own software developering company the market is flushed with those who say they can do the job! He writes mostly for Linux users and has spent the last 15 years doing so.

They run their own UK based server sites and also manage a few sites that they have built.
To be honest they suggest you look at google, a few uni's and see what info you can glean from them!

Reaction score
****it (Feckit) not sure why it's difficult to give some simple advice like the other participant in this thread. I am writing this as a friend of the author. I am British (unlike you judging by your horrific spelling and grammar). Having the author posing the same question to me I simply told him to search for "life as a software developer" which provides him a series of answers to his questions. Next time a foreign national poses a question about something which may seem obvious to you, I would suggest you think twice about life on the other side of the fence. I guess your Arabic or French language skills are somewhat lacking when comparing to his written English. Best of luck and try and be a little more understanding in the future.....we're not all running software companies and been in the business for an eternity.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
To the friend of vorace54:

There's nothing wrong with feckit's spelling or grammar.

I've already had a mild pop at him for his attitude in his first post here, no need for you chime in.

vorace54's treatment has nothing to do with him being a 'foreign national' this Forum and it's regular members extend a warm welcome and help to anybody who posts here. That's right - anybody. Where they're from has no bearing on help or chat given so take your prejudices elsewhere.

Using ***it was lame.

You have effectively shot your friend in the foot here as to stop unpleasantness escalating I'm locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question