Windows 7 I need to split out a worksheet into separate files

Reaction score
Hi All
Can someone help me please?
I have a spreadsheet of 16k lines
I need to split that spreadsheet into separate files per manager (column B) so that I can send the manager only their information for review.
There are approx 150 managers listed in column B
I attach an example of what I have and what I would like to see
Thank you all
NoITinmyday

Attachments

• Example2 (2).zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 140
Reaction score
NolTinmyday,

You can use pivot analysis. Just create a pivot table, use managers as a field, select a manager. Add one of the fields to the values, double click the total of values and a separate spreadsheet will be created for the manager you select.

Stoneboysteve

Reaction score
Hi again
I am sure I can rustle up a pivot table use the wizard - however before I start will the seperate spreadsheet show each indivdual company per manager with each individual column of data?
Thanks again

Reaction score
Hi Again,

I used your data on the attached file. I created a pivot table, sorted the data fields, double clicked the subtotals, and produced individual sheets with all of the information.

You could do this by company as well.

I put notes on each tab in the workbook as well.

Stoneboysteve

Attachments

• Example Reply.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 185
Reaction score
Hi Stoneboysteve
Thanks for yoru replies to both my threads. Both threads are to do with the same monthly piece of work so are very helpful. I have been using the record macro function as well but have no idea how to save the macro I create or then go in and edit it, as I get so far, get sidetracked and then do not know how to go back to the same macro to carry on the recording. The book I have ordered should help me with the very basics but I am definitely am up for learning. I suppose ideally what I would like to do is amalgamate both pieces of work so that it identifies duplicates, concatenate the names, totals the amounts, then removes one (or more) of the duplicates and then creates a separate spreadsheet for each manager with the data. I would like to have a play around with your suggestions on this thread and the other one as I did some macro work yesterday but it is very basic.
I did also find a macro someone had written in the forum for a person who wanted to achieve the same result I did and applied it to a test spreadsheet and it created separate files per manager. I reviewed those files and they looked spot on so I may have the macro to create the files, just need to finalise the other thread regarding the duplicates

Ask a Question