I need to remove LAN connections

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by rory, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. rory

    rory Guest

    ?????
    you have 11 conections or one called 11?

    just press delete on them..

    remove all your old cards and drivers ( system / device
    manager) switch off then back on, use for a bit then
    switch off, install your NIC. and then you should get new
    hardware wiz.

    install as normal, you will be able to rename.
    dont forget to set the the work groups and passwords.

    the NIC and dsl may have the same chip set which is a
    conflict.

    check you system information for details

    had a big problem
    >with trying to install a different network adapter and

    couldn't even connect
    >to the internet at all whether by modem or through my

    dsl. I had to do a
    >system restore back to wednesday to get things

    configured again and my NIC
    >card is running on the driver from the last NIC card. I

    need to know how to
    >get to the 11 LAN connections and remove them back to

    where there is just 1.
    >I used to know how to find that but I forgot. I'd

    appraeciate some help.
    >Feel free to email me the answer and or post it here.

    Thanks

    rory, Sep 5, 2003

  2. rory

    hondaman Guest

    thanks..I figured out what the problem may have been. I did remove my nic
    card and restarted the system and tried removing the remnants of the other
    network adapters I had. I reinstalled the new nic card which is better and
    it went back to using my old drivers again but I updated the driver and I
    think windows xp had the driver highlighted for windows2000 which got me
    confused when I updated it the 1st time. This time I looked in the list of
    drivers and saw the windows xp driver and used that and it works great. I
    undid the restore point and my system is fine. Thankyou for your help. There
    is no way to change the name of a local area connection I guess but it's not
    a big deal. Mine now says its area connection 13 for the nic card but oh
    well. Thankyou for your reply.

    -Jeff

    hondaman, Sep 5, 2003