    done so for years. Now that I have upgraded to XP
    Home..when I go to sing on it says to "Turn Java On"

    How do I do this??

    Guest, Oct 5, 2004

  3. wrote:
    > I am trying to log into my companies email acct..and have
    > done so for years. Now that I have upgraded to XP
    > Home..when I go to sing on it says to "Turn Java On"
    >
    > How do I do this??

    As the result of a lawsuit by Sun Microsystems, and the ensuing
    settlement, Microsoft was not allowed to provide its own Java Virtual
    Machine to Windows XP users. You can get almost the same
    functionality by downloading Sun's version of Java from
    http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html. If you want the wider website
    compatibility of Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine, it is still
    available from a lot of 3rd-party web sites, one of which is here:
    http://www.virtualmachine.tk/.

    If you do choose the Microsoft JVM, be sure to apply a needed
    security patch.

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-011.asp
    (Prevents the Trojan.ByteVerify issue)