I have PowerPoint 95 files that no longer open on PowerPoint 2007.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Powerpoint' started by Guest, Jun 8, 2007.

    How do I now open these files to update to new format?

    Guest, Jun 8, 2007

    Echo S Guest

    "Bob Plautz" <Bob > wrote in message
    news:D...
    > How do I now open these files to update to new format?

    Open them in PowerPoint 97, 2000, 2002 or 2003 and save them in that format.
    Then open them in 2007.

    You might also be able to open them in Impress, which is Open Office's
    presentation program, and save them as PPT 97-2003 format, then open that in
    2007. http://www.openoffice.org

    I have a feeling they won't port perfectly, but hopefully you can get most
    of your work back.

    Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/

    Echo S, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Here's how to open older PPT95 docs in PPT2007

    > How do I now open these files to update to new format?

    You need these two DLL's that do not come with Office 2007 (probably just
    the one, but better safe than sorry I say):

    PP4X322.DLL
    PP7X32.DLL

    You'll find them in the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11 folder of an
    Office 2003 installation. Since I didn't want to install Office 2003, I
    instead dug them out of this cab file:

    Q2561405.CAB

    Not sure if it'll be in a different CAB file depending on what version of
    Offfice 2003 you have.

    Anyway, place the two DLL's in your Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
    folder and you'll be able to open the older format files directly from
    Powerpoint 2007 without an Office 2003 install.

    Robert

    Robert Simpson, Aug 15, 2007
  4. Re: Here's how to open older PPT95 docs in PPT2007

    And of course since I just found this out myself not a few minutes ago, I
    should also point out that my luck has been sporadic with it ... missing
    graphics, etc. Fun stuff. I was desperate, though.

    Robert Simpson, Aug 15, 2007