i dont want a classic view in my welcome screen... please help

G

hi...
i downloaded a program in my comp from my school regarding a wirless networking... after the download my welcome screen was changed into the old classic view and not the new one in which u can just click the image of the user and type in the password... it says about that the mdcgina.dll is affecting the welcome screen as well as the fast switching users... and i want to be turned on again... i tried goin to user... and to the select log on/off options and i wasnt able to check it to change my settings... i unistalled the program and it still wont let me do it... it says a recently program was installed blah blah and i need to uninstall this to turn it on again... and it gave me msgina.dll as a reference... i dont want to do anything with this coz it might affect the other programs that are installed in my comp... please help me... its driving me nuts... thanks

G

GK

joyce said:
hi...
i downloaded a program in my comp from my school regarding a wirless networking... after the download my welcome screen was changed into the old classic view and not the new one in which u can just click the image of the user and type in the password... it says about that the mdcgina.dll is affecting the welcome screen as well as the fast switching users... and i want to be turned on again... i tried goin to user... and to the select log on/off options and i wasnt able to check it to change my settings... i unistalled the program and it still wont let me do it... it says a recently program was installed blah blah and i need to uninstall this to turn it on again... and it gave me msgina.dll as a reference... i dont want to do anything with this coz it might affect the other programs that are installed in my comp... please help me... its driving me nuts... thanks

Hmm...try a system restore to a point just prior.

R

Rob Schneider

joyce said:
hi...

Just why and how could a simple download have this drastic affect?
Something else likely going on. At minimum, you should bring this to
the attention of your school since you blame this download. This
download should not have this affect.

R

Richard Urban

Downloading something should never cause this, unless you installed that
"something" also.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

joyce said: