    a standalone event....
    Regards
    Michael.

    Michael, May 28, 2010

  2. AFAIK, you cannot sync the additional notes as the recurring appt. is
    actually a single instance that has a recurrence pattern. It is not a
    series of distinct events that can be synched individually.

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

    After furious head scratching, Michael asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], May 28, 2010

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Re: I can't sync text that I add to a reoccurring event in my cale

    ok - i get that - maybe I need to ask the question - is there a way I can add
    notes that will sync across my Calendar and phone without having to create a
    different appointment daily? and opposed to creating an individual calendar??

    Michael, May 28, 2010
  4. "Michael" <Michael @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    >I hope someone can help. In my outlook calendar I have a reoccurring event
    > (daily) that I add information to, usually on a daily basis. However, as its
    > a repeated event, wehn I sync this to my phone the added text DOES NOT sync
    > across......Can someone please advise me whether I can do this or not? The
    > same problem occurs if I add info (text) to the same reoccuring event on my
    > phone and then try and sync with my PC Outlook Calendar. It works fine if
    > its
    > a standalone event....

    Despite how they look, recurring events are single items in your calendar.
    When you modify one occurrence, you are instructing Outlook to add an
    exception to that event, and Outlook keeps that list of exceptions and applies
    them when it displays the occurrence. Apparently, whatever software you use
    to sync cannot handle the exceptions. That's simply a fact you'll have to
    live with.

    Your approach has other consequences, though. If for some reason you must
    change the event, anything you change that affects the series will cause all
    exceptions to be erased and the recurrences regenerated afresh. This will
    remove all of those notes you've entered for the various occurrences. Are you
    sure you're willing to run this risk? You may be better off making a series
    of discreet events so they are all individual entries on the calendar. You
    can then change any of them and not be concerned that a modification can wipe
    them all out. Make your series of events, say, a year's worth and then you
    can add more when you wish.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], May 28, 2010