    inbox on my hard drive I get the follwoing error...

    "Cant' move items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved
    or deleted, or access was denied"

    Guest, Jan 4, 2005

    David French Guest

    Your Personal Folders files may be nearing the size limit that will start to
    cause those types of errors.
    You need to locate the file on your hard drive and determine the size of it.
    Anything greater than 1.5 GB will start to be unstable. At 2 GB the file
    can get so corrupt as to make it unuseable.
    Create another PST file and move some of the messages to reduce the size and
    break up the information into several files if need be.

    Dave French
    MOS XP Master Instructor

    "Bill from CT" <> wrote in message
    > Whenever I try to move an email message from my server inbox to my

    personal

    David French, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Bill from CT wrote:
    > Whenever I try to move an email message from my server inbox to my
    > personal inbox on my hard drive I get the follwoing error...
    >
    > "Cant' move items. The item could not be moved. It was either already
    > moved or deleted, or access was denied"

    In addition to the other reply, why would you do this anyway? If you care
    about the data, it really belongs in your mailbox on the Exchange server
    (which I presume you're using - corrections welcome).

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Jan 4, 2005

    Re: I cannot move messages from my server inbox folder to my perso

    Hi, I can't drag email items (inbox from exchange server) to a personal
    folder. Before I can but now whenever I drag an item it shows a
    crossed-circle and I cant drop the email to the folder. We are using
    outlook98 though.

    Guest, Jul 20, 2005

    First to address your concern on keeping items in the mailbox; Some of us
    have been allocated mailbox sizes by our administrators that upon reaching
    acertain size, we cannot receive any new mail unless we move items to an
    off-line folder. my question in follow up is how do you create multiple
    personal folders you can access off-line when the one gets too big?

    Thx.

    Guest, Oct 21, 2005

    When I try to drag and drop, I not only get this message but the message I am
    trying to move disappears. Any idea where it has gone. FYI, I am saving my
    ..pst folders on our network, not my hard drive.

    Guest, Jul 18, 2007