    email instead of saving the PDF file and opening it manually.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    Greg, May 19, 2009

  2. "Greg" <> wrote in message
    news:eA36%...

    > Is there a way to insert a hyperlink to an attached file in an outlook
    > email? Say for example, we have a PDF file with information we want a client
    > to see. However, we would like them to be able to open it while reading the
    > email instead of saving the PDF file and opening it manually.

    If they have a PDF reader installed and associated with the PDF file type in
    Windows, then attach the PDF to the message and all they need to do is
    double-click the PDF to read it. They don't have to save it first. If you
    are all within the same organization and have access to a network share
    containing the PDF file, then include the UNC of the PDF file in the message.
    If the PDF file is on a web server, then include a hyperlink to the PDF file.
    If you mean you want the attachment to be readable in the Reading Pane, then
    Outlook 2007's preview capability is as close as you'll come, but the PDF
    reader program must install an Outlook-compatible previewer.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], May 19, 2009

  3. Greg

    Greg Guest

    I believe what he wants is the ability to click on a piece of text (in this
    case the company name) in the message and have the PDF file come up
    automatically. Instead of the recipient finding the attachment and manually
    opening it.

    I saw where you could hyperlink the text to a location on the email to show
    another part of the message. But I believe he wants the PDF file to open up.

    Thanks

    Greg, May 19, 2009
  4. "Greg" <> wrote in message

    >I believe what he wants is the ability to click on a piece of text (in this
    >case the company name) in the message and have the PDF file come up
    >automatically. Instead of the recipient finding the attachment and manually
    >opening it.
    >
    > I saw where you could hyperlink the text to a location on the email to show
    > another part of the message. But I believe he wants the PDF file to open up.

    I covered that already and gave you the conditions under which it will work.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], May 19, 2009
  5. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Thanks Brain. I appreciate the help.

    Greg, May 19, 2009