Windows XP HTTP 400 Bad Request

Reaction score
When I go logging in into hotmail I get this error -HTTP 400 Bad Request- It does not only happens with hotmail, it also appears on some other websites too.

I run on Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit

Can anyone please give me some help? What to do?
happywave.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you using the latest version of Java Hotmail and Yahoo require you to have this. Could you let us know what other sites this problem happens on? Have you cleard all of you internet temp files and cookies? What broweser are you using?

Reaction score
I think that is probably might be, cuz... it also happens when I go to you tube i only can play videos that appear in the home YouTube page, but it wont allow me to search videos as I'd get the error.

I can login into gmail and chech my email but when I logout the error comes up again.
It also happens in so many other websites most of which I cannot even remember, but in example some of them displays the whole site but in some windows within the site it displays the error too.
I have done a System Restore but it didn't help.

How do I get the latest java version of hotmail. I think I probably have it. How do i check that?

Reaction score
My browser is Windows Internet Explorer

I have deleted all my cookies and temp files too

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's odd, as your browser must be sending something strange for the webserver to return with an HTTP 400 error. I wouldn't rule out something like a spyware application, as it sounds like something is interfering with the normal request.

Have you run a full antispyware and antivirus scan recently? I'd try that first if not :)

Reaction score
I've done a full antispyware & antivirus scan. Only the antispyware found 3 threats that it corrected itself without any problems. Antivirus did not found anything, all ok.

I have downloaded and installed the latest java. Thanks for that information, so good!

The problem is still there though...

I must mention that my computer has become so slow lately. I also have some other problems I've could never get rid of:

-Internet Explorer has stopped working
-Windows Explorer has stopped working

These 2 above could happen anytime especially if I switch between screens or download something new I think

And recently, when starting my machine:

-Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022) and then if cliking ok it will lead to:
-System File has stopped working properly

and a suspicious one but low level risk according to trendmicro antivirus:
-rwwnw64d.exe
Trend Micro still blocks this one above all the time, but I dont know how to get rid of this one

I must be so bloody infected, would you like me to produce a HijackThis report?
Should I trust and buy one of these programs on the web, like errorsmart.com (trendmicro doesn't like this one, it wont allow me to download it)
And actually after I tried some of this free errors scan programs from the web my pc has become slower and non responsive, freezing up sometimes specially if I download music or stuff with limewire.
Is there some program that could really fix all of this problems as they promise on the web? Something you could recommend me?

HTTP 400 Bad request is still there. I cannot get into my email or youtube and many others.
Please some Help! Glup!

Many thanks in anticipation

Last edited:
Reaction score
Momentum said:
I've done a full antispyware & antivirus scan. Only the antispyware found 3 threats that it corrected itself without any problems. Antivirus did not found anything, all ok.

I have downloaded and installed the latest java. Thanks for that information, so good!

The problem is still there though...

I must mention that my computer has become so slow lately. I also have some other problems I've could never get rid of:

-Internet Explorer has stopped working
-Windows Explorer has stopped working

These 2 above could happen anytime especially if I switch between screens or download something new I think

And recently, when starting my machine:

-Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022) and then if cliking ok it will lead to:
-System File has stopped working properly

and a suspicious one but low level risk according to trendmicro antivirus:
-rwwnw64d.exe
Trend Micro still blocks this one above all the time, but I dont know how to get rid of this one

I must be so bloody infected, would you like me to produce a HijackThis report?
Should I trust and buy one of these programs on the web, like errorsmart.com (trendmicro doesn't like this one, it wont allow me to download it)
And actually after I tried some of this free errors scan programs from the web my pc has become slower and non responsive, freezing up sometimes specially if I download music or stuff with limewire.
Is there some program that could really fix all of this problems as they promise on the web? Something you could recommend me?

HTTP 400 Bad request is still there. I cannot get into my email or youtube and many others.
Please some Help! Glup!

Many thanks in anticipation

Hello,

Try downloading SUPERAntiSpyware, I would proplily say that your system could be infected. We dont provide support any more for HJT logs, Please try bleepingcomputers they are very good at looking though logs and helping you. Did you install anything before this started happening? What Firewall are you using?

Hope this helps.

Wizkid

Reaction score
I'll give a try on bleepingcomputers, thanks so much. I will also try downloading SUPERantispyware.

I think all this problems started by downloading stuff from Limewire, probably when I downloaded one of this free scan for errors, or something else I don't clearly remember for now...

My firewall is TrendMicro Internet security system.
Windows firewall is turned off

Is ok to put more than one firewall working together? Not good?

I will let you know when I fix this situation. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Momentum said:
I'll give a try on bleepingcomputers, thanks so much. I will also try downloading SUPERantispyware.

I think all this problems started by downloading stuff from Limewire, probably when I downloaded one of this free scan for errors, or something else I don't clearly remember for now...

My firewall is TrendMicro Internet security system.
Windows firewall is turned off

Is ok to put more than one firewall working together? Not good?

I will let you know when I fix this situation. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I would say for sure that it can be casued by running free errors fix programs, they are not much good. as for Limeware it is also possebale that it could have something to do with the problmes as well. Take my advice and remove limeware becuase its full of viurs, spyware. Do not used two firewall at once as this can create problems I would go ahead and used the trendmicro firewall.

Good luck in fixing the problem.

Regards,

Wizkid

Reaction score
HTTP 400 Bad Request - Fixed - So Easily

Hi again,

At last I could get rid of the problem, now for some reason I was not helped in the other website, they didn't like me probably. I don't know.

So I went to other site where a nice man told me he had exactly the same problem.

Solution: As easy as to unistall "Windows Live OneCare Family Safety"

I could'nt remember that I've downloaded that program a while ago, now everything is fine and my machine is even faster now.

That's it for contribution

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
You're welcome.

Well I never thought it would be One Care casuing the problem. Have you got a AV program installed now? Sorry to here that Bleeping Computers were no help, I have posted there before and it took a few weeks for someone to reply, could be the same with yours.

Glad you got it all fixed now.

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
Thank you Wizkid, yes i have always have all the protection for everything in my computer.

I have also seen the problem had happened to people who has downloaded Silverlight program too

Thank you again

Kind regards

Reaction score
Hey , I am forever in your debt . I have spent the last 6 months of my life trying to find a cure for this HTTP 400 - 500 problem . It has been driving me insane .
I cannot believe it was as simple as removing "Windows Live OneCare Family Safety" . It was the last thing I would have even considered , although I am new to this computer stuff .
Thanks very much

Ask a Question