Windows XP Html Help and Oulook problem

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've had this problem for a little while and usually i'd reformat my hard drive and start again to get rid of it but it's driving me nuts so i just want to get to the bottom of it. Bottom line is my html emails and 'Html Help' both take about a minute to load. I don't have a problem with text emails or Internet Explorer and i get this problem with Outlook XP, Outlook 2003, Outlook Express and Html Help (you know the one i mean, when you're in a program and decide to look at the program's help).

At first i thought this was to do with Windows Messenger and from within Outlook i've disabled Windows Messenger - didn't work, so i disabled it from my computer using gpedit.msc- didn't work. My PC is totally free from spyware, it's virus free and i even went through Task Manager and checked up every process the PC was running through Google.

The other thing is when i quit Outlook, the Outlook tray icon will sit there and i can't get rid of it until i reboot/log off my machine.

I'm clueless and frustrated, what's wrong with my PC? :confused:

Thanks,

Luminol

Reaction score
Hi, i wanted to update you, i made a new discovery. In Outlook once i've opened an html email i can switch between other html emails just fine, it's when i switch to a plain text email that it starts to freeze up. And i've also worked out that it takes 2 minutes EXACTLY to switch between the two email formats. It also takes 2 minutes to open up 'HTML Help'.

Strange huh? What would cause this exact 2 minute delay?

Reaction score
Not sure to be honest, but I do know there was a problem with one are machines at work when we had both Office XP and Office 2003 loaded on a station. Have you got both loaded on?

Reaction score
No i've just got Outlook 2003. I installed XP purely to see if i had the same problem with Outlook XP.

Reaction score
Just found another program with this problem - MSN Messenger. But not Windows Messenger oddly enough. I would have thought if ones goes down the other would follow.

Reaction score
It is like word; with added extras including EMAIL/ANTIVIRUS and lots more, I use it very good and don’t forget it is FREE.:D

Reaction score
Well maybe but i don't have a problem with word. This Easy Office software doesn't solve my problem with 'Html Help' or MSN Messenger, i've always used office and i like office.

Reaction score
Luminol said:
Well maybe but i don't have a problem with word. This Easy Office software doesn't solve my problem with 'Html Help' or MSN Messenger, i've always used office and i like office.

Neither do I, I also like office,it was just a suggestion as to your email problem?

Reaction score
Outlook 2003 Problem

Luminol said:
No i've just got Outlook 2003. I installed XP purely to see if i had the same problem with Outlook XP.

I am not able to create an outlook template having oft extension, which i required for sending automatic reply to the senders with a message. Kindly suggest?

Yogesh

Ask a Question