    attachment format I get ittitating error about another
    program trying to email using outlook and I have to click
    yes for every record. Impossible.Solution?

    Wayne, Sep 3, 2004

  2. What do you mean by w2002?
    Word and Outlook versions must match for a mail merge to succeed.
    Using HTML format in the message will avoid those prompts, but you must be
    careful not to include any graphics that would require rendering since the
    fax service can't handle that rendering.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Sep 3, 2004

  3. Wayne

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the response. I mean word 2002. I upgraded the
    outlook component of Office XP sp2 with outlook 2003
    included in windows sbs 2003, leaving the other office
    components as 2002.

    What you're saying is that I need word 2003 to merge fax.

    Is there any way other way than using html to get around
    the security prompts because I would prefer to merge fax
    as attachment? Tx

    Guest, Sep 6, 2004
  4. Yes. Outlook and Word versions must match for mail merges to work.
    Currently there is no way to avoid the security prompt other than to use
    HTML. Attachments have never been supported in merges to electronic mail.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Sep 6, 2004
  5. Wayne

    Guest Guest

    Thanks, 3rd party fax software here I come

    Guest, Sep 7, 2004
  6. Let me know what you find that works. I'm just curious.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Sep 7, 2004