hp scanner uninstall/install problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP Drivers' started by adam, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. adam

    adam Guest

    I can not get my HP 3200C scanner to run in windows XP
    environmnet.

    It is not being registered correctly in the device
    manager. its coming up as "imaging device" and i am
    unable to uninstall this "imaging device" because the
    computer is giving an error that it may be required to
    boot up the computer.

    as of yet there are no IRQ or port conflicts.

    booting in safemode does not help.

    no HP type *.drv file did i find in the
    windows/system32/driver directory

    anyhelp is better then non.

    thank u

    adam, Sep 5, 2003

  2. You will be able to remove the 'imaging device' if you disconnect the
    scanner, then reboot and enter Safe Mode (one of the options using F8 at
    startup).

    BTW it is being correctly identified in the Device Manager..... an imaging
    device is a scanner!

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Sep 6, 2003