HP Scanjet

Ed

I recently tried, without success, to install HP scanjet
3300 on my computer. I had converted my puter from Win
98 to XP, went on the Internet to install updated drivers
with no success at that either. Now I continually get a
pop-up box on my puter that says "This program updaes
your HP Scanning Software. You may see a message
about 'Digital Signature not found' etc. When I click OK
nothing happens except it goes away. It just pops on the
screen at start-up and at random usually when looking for
info or installing a program.

My question is how do I get rid of it? I cannot find it
anywhere on my puter

Any help will be appreciated!

Amethyst

Ed said:
I recently tried, without success, to install HP scanjet
3300 on my computer. I had converted my puter from Win
98 to XP, went on the Internet to install updated drivers
with no success at that either. Now I continually get a
pop-up box on my puter that says "This program updaes
your HP Scanning Software. You may see a message
about 'Digital Signature not found' etc. When I click OK
nothing happens except it goes away. It just pops on the
screen at start-up and at random usually when looking for
info or installing a program.

My question is how do I get rid of it? I cannot find it
anywhere on my puter

Any help will be appreciated!

Have you installed these http://tinyurl.com/gqav updates? Have you read the
FAQ troubleshooting information located here http://tinyurl.com/gqb1?
Alternatively, try here http://tinyurl.com/gqbc. This isn't a Windows
problem, it's an HP problem and I suggest you use the extensive
troubleshooting tools at your disposal.
--
Cassandra
Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People

Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests
of £1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot)
uk. Change the obvious to the obvious.
Private requests for assistance will not be acknowledged. Please post
all correspondence to the group so that all may benefit. Thank you.

Ted

Amethyst said:
This isn't a Windows
problem, it's an HP problem and I suggest you use the extensive
troubleshooting tools at your disposal.
--

Yet you offer help here, about an issue totally unrelated to XP concerning PDF files and MS Word. You are a ****ing ****!

W????n S.

"Ted" <"""""""""""""""> wrote in message

Uninstall completely!
Unplug scanner completely.
Reinstall drivers completely....(completely)
Reboot.
Now click on the dialog box that pops up.
Let it run its course.
Reboot.
Plug scanner in.
Reboot.
Scanner now should work without dialog box appearing.

Let me know if that works.

I had the same issue and that work for me.

WS.

W????n S.

W????n S. said:
"Ted" <"""""""""""""""> wrote in message

Uninstall completely!
Unplug scanner completely.
Reinstall drivers completely....(completely)
Reboot.
Now click on the dialog box that pops up.
Let it run its course.
Reboot.
Plug scanner in.
Reboot.
Scanner now should work without dialog box appearing.

Let me know if that works.

I had the same issue and that work for me.

WS.

This I am assuming is USB??????