HP 5652 and Pigment ink

XXXX

Can i use color and black pigment ink from Epson c84?
How will be the quality?Did anybody do that?

buck

Can i use color and black pigment ink from Epson c84?
How will be the quality?Did anybody do that?

If you use Epson ink in an HP Cartridge you are almost CERTAIN to
destroy the HP Cartridge.

Epson inks are formulated to be PUMPED through an ink-jet, HP inks are
formulated to be vaporized by heat... A slightly different
specification!

XXXX

I don't think so.
They both have cooling properties (for cooling hp head).I used in the past
with a hp 930, epson ink without problems (more than 10 refills x cart).
The problem is the quality.

XXXX

Have you ever refill 56 and 57 carts?
It's my first time and want to know how many times can i refill them.Some
people say 5-6 times other 15-20 times.
If 56 57 printheads have the same quality with 45 and 78 then according to
the ink that they hold they can't be refilled at least 10 times.
XXXX said:
I don't think so.
They both have cooling properties (for cooling hp head).I used in the past
with a hp 930, epson ink without problems (more than 10 refills x cart).
The problem is the quality.

buck

I don't think so.
They both have cooling properties (for cooling hp head).I used in the past
with a hp 930, epson ink without problems (more than 10 refills x cart).
The problem is the quality.

The question was asked and properlyu answered, now you want to
debate?????

The problem is not QUALITY the problem is idiocy.

buck

Have you ever refill 56 and 57 carts?
It's my first time and want to know how many times can i refill them.Some
people say 5-6 times other 15-20 times.
If 56 57 printheads have the same quality with 45 and 78 then according to
the ink that they hold they can't be refilled at least 10 times.

You can refill them 'till they FAIL... Sometimes thats ten refills,
sometimes less, sometimes more.

I have had HP carts fail after 3 refills, and I've had HP carts not fail
after 20 re-fills.

What do you consider FAILURE???

I only refill the #57 and #58 carts a couple of times because I use them
for printing photos on high quality (expensive) paper and I dont want
signs of wear to show up in the photo. If I get ONE dot out of place, or
ONE streak or ONE smudge, that is a failure. I dont bother with
"cleaning cycles" or un-clogging a head that is easily replaced.

The #78 and #45 carts, on the other hand, are used for printing
documents (mixed text and graphics) like web pages and owners manuals,
and "wear and tear" doesnt show up to any noticable level 'till after
MANY re-fills.

ALL my refills are done with ink formulated for the brand of printer I
am re-filling.

XXXX

I have an epson photo 870 for photo's and bought the 5652 for documents and
general use.I am just curious how will be the quality if i use pigment ink.
If you think that i am an idiot,well don't respond me.
:)

buck

Subject: Re: HP 5652 and Pigment ink
From: XXXX <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: comp.periphs.printers

I have an epson photo 870 for photo's and bought the 5652 for documents and
general use.I am just curious how will be the quality if i use pigment ink.
If you think that i am an idiot,well don't respond me.
:)

I apologize for being in a grumpy mood...

The problem you face is this>

HP doesn't (as far as I know) make pigment ink (except for black).

2nd party ink suppliers dont formulate any (except for black)

Printer drivers wont correct for color tones they weren't designed to
use.

Printheads clog MUCH easier with pigment inks, as the pigment particles
dont vaporize along with the liquid in the ink.

A web search finds no information on using pigmented ink in heads not
designed for it.

If you MUST use pigmented ink, EPSON makes a printer (C82, C84??) that
will use them, and refill friendly cartridges are available for them.
(www.inksupply.com)

I have seen that C84 for $49 (US) at Best Buy..

XXXX

I just want to know if i can refill 56 57 carts more than 5 times.I know
that 45 and 78 are the best for refilling and used them in my hp930c.
My second question is : if the 56-57 carts have the same quality printhead
with 45-78.(?)If YES I THINK (my opinion)that can be refilled at least 10
times.
Explain: the 56 has 20ml of ink and the 45 42ml
So if the 45 can be refilled 10 times this means that the 56 in theory can
be refilled 20 times.The same thing for the 57 78.
Can be true?
Forget my question for pigment ink.I was just curious.

PS: I don't want to rebate anything with you.
Each can freely express his opinion,even if it
is stupid.

buck

I just want to know if i can refill 56 57 carts more than 5 times.I know
that 45 and 78 are the best for refilling and used them in my hp930c.
My second question is : if the 56-57 carts have the same quality printhead
with 45-78.(?)If YES I THINK (my opinion)that can be refilled at least 10
times.
Explain: the 56 has 20ml of ink and the 45 42ml
So if the 45 can be refilled 10 times this means that the 56 in theory can
be refilled 20 times.The same thing for the 57 78.
Can be true?
Forget my question for pigment ink.I was just curious.

PS: I don't want to rebate anything with you.
Each can freely express his opinion,even if it
is stupid.

I havent looked into the droplet size (nozzle size) question on the
printers that use #56, 57, 58 Cartridges so I cant directly answer that
question.

I did run a #57 cart (in an HP Photosmart 130) until it just wouldn't
work anymore.. that was after 10 re-fills. Some Cleaning and soaking
MIGHT have revived it, but I didn't try.

XXXX

Ok
Thank's a lot
buck said:
I havent looked into the droplet size (nozzle size) question on the
printers that use #56, 57, 58 Cartridges so I cant directly answer that
question.

I did run a #57 cart (in an HP Photosmart 130) until it just wouldn't
work anymore.. that was after 10 re-fills. Some Cleaning and soaking
MIGHT have revived it, but I didn't try.

XXXX

Buck,i went to a local dealer to buy black ink for the 5652 and he gave me
ink for hp 45 cart.He told that this ink works fine with the 56 cart.
Should i use it?
The ink is made from inktec
Thank's again
If i try once can i burn the printhead?
XXXX said:
Ok
Thank's a lot

Yianni

The black ink is pigmented.
To use pigmented ink in color cartridge it's a bit difficult as it would mix
with the remaining dyes, and this cause many problems (color and physical).
The C84 ink definately don't work in any hp cart.

--

Yianni
(e-mail address removed) (áöáéñÝóôå ôïí áñéèìü åííéÜ áðü ôï email)