HP 2055D Printer goes offline at random on Windows 7 Professional

Reaction score
Good Day guys, this is my first post ever on PC Review....:dance: There is a machine running Windows 7 Professional which i configured as a print server and it is connected to an HP 2055D. The workstations which i have linked to this print server are offline most of the time, and cannot print. I want to understand what will be taking place when the icon is greyed out(offline mode).....???/:cry:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
firewall turned off? Can you ping the print server? How about if you remove and reinstall the printer on the client machine?

Reaction score
Okay i had not thought of checking the firewall on the print server, ping is successful with four ICMP packets being received....when i remove the offline printer on the client and reinstall the print only works for a day, the following day the printer on the client is offline:bow:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
are you sure that the printer is not just going to sleep or something? I had an issue with a few of the HP LaserJets going offline. I walk to the printer and hit the button and it wakes up. Usually, the way it works is that the printer woke up when a job was sent.

Check power settings on the printer and perhaps R&R the driver?

Ask a Question