HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstallprocess

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Hardware' started by meteore, Feb 27, 2010.

  1. meteore

    meteore Guest

    Hi,

    I tried to reinstall all software for the above after following all
    solutions from HP website.

    The software installs up to 96% and then hangs there for both printers

    I do not know what is causing this problem. The printers will still
    print, but the icon HP printer solution does not detect printer and
    therefore I cannot scan a document to email or detect ink levels.

    Has anybody had the same problem and what did you do about it?

    I think if I reinstalled all vista software cleanly and made a clean
    boot this would solve problem. This process would be timely and I want
    to avoid this.

    Roger

    meteore, Feb 27, 2010

  2. meteore

    DL Guest

    Re: HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstall process

    I think I would use the tool on hp site to completely remove HP drivers,
    disconnect your printers, reboot the PC, reinstall latest drivers/software
    from HP site following HP installation procedure, which useually means
    installing their software only connecting the printer when instructed during
    the process.

    DL, Mar 1, 2010

  3. meteore

    meteore Guest

    -I have d\l all software from HP site, followed their instructions, by
    using msconfig etc. Same result occurs. Hangs at 96%.

    Roger

    meteore, Mar 1, 2010
  4. meteore

    Michael Guest

    "meteore" <> wrote in message
    > -I have d\l all software from HP site, followed their instructions, by
    > using msconfig etc. Same result occurs. Hangs at 96%.
    >
    > Roger

    Roger. Try this. Download and save the installation file. After it's
    done, right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator." At this
    stage you have nothing to lose.
    --

    "Don't pick a fight with an old man.

    Michael, Mar 1, 2010
  5. meteore

    meteore Guest

    Problem resolved to my satisfaction.

    I went to ms config and followed hp instructions and then opened d\l
    file for about the twentieth time and pressed the remove software and
    the program started to install software for both printers, even though
    one of them was closed. By some fluke the programs for both were
    installed at the same time.

    The icon now detects both printers. The only thing missing are the
    other icons which came with the program, which I do not need.

    I think there is a problem with the HP file software and it needs
    some more work for Vista...

    Roger

    meteore, Mar 4, 2010