how to type a stats symbol in Word?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Guest, Sep 23, 2004.

    I'm in a business statistics class, and I want to type the "Y-hat" symbol in
    MS Word. How do I do so? Thanks, Jeff.

    Guest, Sep 23, 2004

    I'm not sure what a "Y-hat" symbol is but you might try Insert | Symbol.
    There is quite an extensive list of symbols there.

    Good luck.

    Guest, Sep 23, 2004

  3. This is character 0176 in Unicode fonts. If you have Word 2002 or 2003, you
    can insert this by typing 0176, Alt+X. In earlier versions, you can insert
    it using Insert | Symbol.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)