    Outlook. There are two users in our family. How do we switch users so that
    we are not reading each other's mail in Outlook? Outlook Express has a
    "switch users" selection but Outlook does not.

    Guest, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Outlook typically depends on different OS level user logins. What OS are you
    using?

    Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook], Sep 8, 2005

    Hello Vince - I am interested in the answer to this question also. I am
    using Outlook 2002 and my OS is Office XP Home Edition. Would appreciate
    any help. Thx.

    Guest, Sep 8, 2005
  4. In XP it's easy to setup multiple users and to login as them. Set them up,
    login as them and start Outlook. It should go through the config steps for
    each user separately and store the data in each user's directory

    Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook], Sep 8, 2005
  5. Close Outlook and open it to a different profile - if it doesn't give you
    the profile dialog look in control panel, mail and set it to let you choose
    the profile. Or you can create shortcuts that open a specific profile.
    http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm - look for the /profile
    switch.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]