    try to connect Win XP Pro at work with Remote Desktop
    Connection. How to make my local printer available during
    the remote connection session?

    Bill, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Bill,
    First you need to see if your printer has a native driver
    in the Term Serv Server. If not you need to install the
    driver in the server.
    Some USB printers will not be able to be mapped.
    You can also try to force a "capture" for your printer, to
    one specific LPT port (command "net use lpt1
    \\compname\printersharename"

    Paulo Hartung, Feb 4, 2004
  3. This might also help:

    302361 - Printers That Use Ports That Do Not Begin With COM, LPT, or
    USB Are Not Redirected in a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services
    Session
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361

    --
    Vera Noest