Windows XP How to resize a gif file?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I want to resize an animated gif from 135 pixel width to 100 to use as a Christmas avvy.

I have Photoshop Six installed, which has Image Ready Three.

I can open the gif file in Image Ready 3.0, select all five frames and resize them all. But I'm only getting the option to save as a PSD (Photoshop) file. I want to save it as a gif file.

Anybody know how to do this?

Last time I resized an animated gif I used Paint Shop Pro, it was easy to do with that program, but if I can use the Adobe software, I'd rather do that.

I do have a copy of Paint Shop Pro around here, a freebie I got with a drum of CD-R's, V7.0 I think, but I'd rather not install it just to do one little job.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
KGB: Thanks for the pointer :) Figured out it was 'Save Optimised As' in the end.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Techy said:
same in PSP isn't it flops?
I don't know, to be honest :confused:

Last time I used PSP was about 3 years ago.

I really don't know a great deal about Photoshop either, but I'm slowly learning more, gradually using more functions.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
For those who want to do it online the easiest way to do it is to go to www.gifworks.com and upload the file, resize it and your are done. :)

Ask a Question