how to reset The waste ink absorber is almost full message on pixma IP3000? TIA

Discussion in 'Printers' started by david, Sep 25, 2007.

  1. david

    david Guest

    david, Sep 25, 2007

  2. david

    Michael Grey Guest

    IP3000
    1: Power off printer
    2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound once.
    3: Hold POWER and release RESUME
    4: Press RESUME twice
    5: When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times. The
    indicator should be orange.
    6: Press Power to set data.

    Michael Grey, Sep 25, 2007

  3. david

    david Guest

    thanks, should i also clean out the absorber? where is it located? i
    see there is a sponge on left side of the printer and on the right
    side there are two pads that printhead docks when it's not printing

    david

    david, Sep 26, 2007
  4. david

    Burt Guest

    <david> wrote in message news:...
    > thanks, should i also clean out the absorber? where is it located? i
    > see there is a sponge on left side of the printer and on the right
    > side there are two pads that printhead docks when it's not printing
    >
    > david
    > On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:02:41 -0400, "Michael Grey" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>IP3000
    >>1: Power off printer
    >>2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound
    >>once.
    >>3: Hold POWER and release RESUME
    >>4: Press RESUME twice
    >>5: When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times. The
    >>indicator should be orange.
    >>6: Press Power to set data.
    >>
    >><david> wrote in message

    I have read that you can do at least one reset without cleaning the waste
    ink pad. That pad is at the bottom of the printer case. If you are
    mechanically adept at taking things apart and putting them back together you
    can get to it. These pads can be washed out, but I understand that it is a
    real mess. You may be able to find a source for new ones. Tony, a
    participant on this NG and a person who repairs printers, mentioned that you
    can use carpet padding (not the foam kind) that looks similar. It is simply
    an absorbent pad that is cut to shape for the area in which it sits.

    Burt, Sep 26, 2007
  5. david

    david Guest

    thanks. i loved my ip300 since it prints both side and prints pretty
    fast. plus there are tons of cheap compatible cartridges out there.
    the newer models have chip on the cartridge therefore i don't plan to
    buy new models

    david

    david, Sep 27, 2007