    Marjay Guest

    I changed a system setting and wanted Vista to recheck my Experience
    Index... how do I do that??

    Marjay, Aug 9, 2007

  2. Marjay

    dean-dean Guest

    Go to Control Panel (Classic View) > Performance Information and Tools, and
    click on "Update My Score". (It's on the right-hand side of the page,
    beneath the big blue "Base Score" #.# picture).

    dean-dean, Aug 9, 2007

  3. Marjay

    Marjay Guest

    Thats the whole problem... at the top of that page it says :
    Rate and improve your computer's performance

    then: Not sure where to start? Learn how you...

    then: Last rating (date and time)

    It looks like I should be able to click on "Learn how..." but I can't
    and there is no "Update My Score" nor any big blue "Base Score"
    picture

    Marjay, Aug 10, 2007
  4. Marjay

    dean-dean Guest

    If Control Panel>Performance Information and Tools is
    broken, try this. In the registry editor, navigate to the following two
    keys (both keys may not be present, but you probably have one or the other):

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Control
    Panel \ Performance Control Panel

    In the right-hand pane, delete the value named PerfcplEnabled (if found).

    -And/Or-

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Control
    Panel \ Performance Control Panel

    In the right-hand pane, delete the value named PerfcplEnabled (if found).

    These values may have been entered by a tweaking program, or by a group
    policy setting.

    dean-dean, Aug 10, 2007
  5. Marjay

    Marjay Guest

    Interesting... I changed the value under HKLM to 1 from 0 and all is
    well with the world again... the other value was not there.

    I had install;ed TweakUI, that may have done it but I wonder why?

    Anyway, thanks so much

    Marjay, Aug 10, 2007
  6. Marjay

    dean-dean Guest

    PerfcplEnabled is normally not a value present in either of those two keys.
    But changing the value's data as you did should work, too. I'm glad to know
    things are working.

    dean-dean, Aug 10, 2007