    prefer. However, the title bar in report preview does contain each of these
    buttons. What code is needed to hide or remove them?

    Bill

    Bill Murphy, Jul 25, 2007

  2. Bill Murphy

    OldPro Guest

    On Jul 25, 5:34 pm, "Bill Murphy" <> wrote:
    > In an application I have a main form that is tabbed. The system menu does
    > not appear, and this is what I would like. But when I open a report in
    > preview mode from within the application the system menu does appear . What
    > visual basic code is needed to suppress the system menu in report preview?
    >
    > Also, when in the tabbed form the application title bar does appear, and
    > does not contain a minimize, maximize or close button. Again this is what I
    > prefer. However, the title bar in report preview does contain each of these
    > buttons. What code is needed to hide or remove them?
    >
    > Bill

    Your problems stem from the fact that reports are neither popup nor
    modal. The menu can be removed, however. Put the appropriate code in
    the open and close events of the report:
    Application.CommandBars("MainMenu").Visible = False

    OldPro, Jul 26, 2007

  3. Bill Murphy

    Bill Murphy Guest

    I tried this code but got a runtime error 5, "Invalid procedure call or
    argument". I tried "Menu Bar" as the name instead of "MainMenu" and got a
    different error "Method visible of 'commandbar' failed".

    Any further suggestions on this?

    Bill

    Bill Murphy, Jul 26, 2007
  4. Bill Murphy

    OldPro Guest

    On Jul 26, 9:34 am, "Bill Murphy" <> wrote:
    > I tried this code but got a runtime error 5, "Invalid procedure call or
    > argument". I tried "Menu Bar" as the name instead of "MainMenu" and got a
    > different error "Method visible of 'commandbar' failed".
    >
    > Any further suggestions on this?
    >
    > Bill
    >
    > "OldPro" <> wrote in message

    > > On Jul 25, 5:34 pm, "Bill Murphy" <> wrote:
    > >> In an application I have a main form that is tabbed. The system menu
    > >> does
    > >> not appear, and this is what I would like. But when I open a report in
    > >> preview mode from within the application the system menu does appear .
    > >> What
    > >> visual basic code is needed to suppress the system menu in report
    > >> preview?

    > >> Also, when in the tabbed form the application title bar does appear, and
    > >> does not contain a minimize, maximize or close button. Again this is
    > >> what I
    > >> prefer. However, the title bar in report preview does contain each of
    > >> these
    > >> buttons. What code is needed to hide or remove them?

    > >> Bill

    > > Your problems stem from the fact that reports are neither popup nor
    > > modal. The menu can be removed, however. Put the appropriate code in
    > > the open and close events of the report:
    > > Application.CommandBars("MainMenu").Visible = False- Hide quoted text -

    That was just an example. If you don't know the name of your main
    menu, then perhaps you haven't made one. To get rid of the default
    menu, try setting the form's MenuBar property to =1 . Usually it is
    better to replace the default menu with your own custom menu.

    OldPro, Jul 26, 2007
  5. Bill Murphy

    Bill Murphy Guest

    I used the -1 in my report and that worked well. It just left a report icon
    on the menu line, and the user can only use this to minimize, maximize or
    close the report.

    My other question below relates to the blue title bar at top of screen when
    in report preview. Currently if the user clicks on the X close button in
    the upper right it attempts to close the application. This does not work
    well since in this process it can't find my frmMain, and displays an error
    message. Is there a way to hide the close button, or to give it enough
    information to close down the application gracefully?

    Bill

    Bill Murphy, Jul 26, 2007
  6. Bill Murphy

    Guest Guest

    Did you try to code the [On Close] event (report properties) to either open
    your main screen or quit application?

    I have a similar problem to Bill's...

    Evertyhing work but when I run a simulation as what a user is supposed to
    do. When a form opens, the name of the form shown in the Blue title bar. Is
    there a way to hide the blue title bar? I have hidden the command and
    toolbars already.

    Guest, Jul 27, 2007
  7. Bill Murphy

    Bill Murphy Guest

    I believe the close button (X) on the title bar that is visible when in
    report review mode must relate to the entire application. If the user
    clicks this it must be executing a quit command. I'd like to hide this and
    only allow the user to close the application using a command button in my
    main form.

    Bill

    Bill Murphy, Jul 27, 2007