How to Remove Busqueda Porn Toolbar

Discussion in 'Windows XP Internet Explorer' started by C.E. Jones, Nov 23, 2003.

  1. C.E. Jones

    C.E. Jones Guest

    Hi,

    I have a client who has an IE6 toolbar called Busqueda. When you click on
    the star on the toolbar, it takes you to a Hispanic porn website. I've done
    a google search to see how to remove the toolbar, but all the instructions
    are in Spanish.

    The computer has Windows ME with the latest Internet Explorer 6. I installed
    and ran SpyBot and Ad Aware. I did not try the Hijack program. They did not
    remove the toolbar. I went to the control panel, checked out Add/Remove and
    removed any programs I thought might take the toolbar off. I went into the
    registry, but, couldn't find any references to the toolbar.

    I'll have the client download and run HijackThis. Outside of that, I'd like
    to know how to manually find or restore Internet Explorer to it's original
    settings with the original toolbars.

    I'll check back here for answers. Also, you can e-mail me at
    cjonesjr#cox.nospam.net. Replace the # with @ and take out nospam to use my
    valid mail address. If you reply to the yahoo address, it will bounce back
    to you.

    Thanks,

    C.E. Jones

    C.E. Jones, Nov 23, 2003

  2. C.E. Jones

    Ramesh [MVP] Guest

    Get ToolbarCop:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/utils/ToolbarCop.exe

    ToolbarCop removes the Toolbars, Toolbar buttons and unwanted
    menu-extensions from Internet Explorer. It does not remove the spyware from
    the system entirely. It is advisable to run Ad-Aware scan
    (www.lavasoftusa.com), if the toolbar entries are not removed. Did you
    update Ad-Aware before scanning?

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    ~ Please reply to newsgroup ~

    Ramesh [MVP], Nov 23, 2003

  3. C.E. Jones

    C.E. Jones Guest

    Thanks,

    I'll give it a try. Yes, as per the posts on this newsgroup, I updated
    Spybot and Ad Adaware before I scanned for spyware.

    C.E. Jones, Nov 23, 2003
  4. C.E. Jones

    H Leboeuf Guest

    If still having difficulties, get help from this forum.

    Go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.php#det
    Download "Hijack This!" [freeware] or download direct (below):
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

    If you get a 404 error or Access denied, try:
    http://216.180.252.218/~spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/hijackthis.zip

    Unzip, double-click "HijackThis.exe" and Press "Scan".

    When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log"
    button.
    Click: "Save Log" (generates "hijackthis.log")

    Next, HijackThis | Config [button] | Misc Tools [button]
    Click: Generate StartupList log [button] (generates "startuplist.txt")

    Next, go to the below location:
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

    Sign in, then copy and paste both files in your message.

    HijackThis Quick Start Help
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    --

    Henri Leboeuf