How to reinstall explorer.exe ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Guest, Oct 14, 2005.

    hello !

    How to reinstall explorer.exe ?

    Guest, Oct 14, 2005

    no need the file, need to set.
    one setting is corrupt or missing in the registry but i don't know where.
    (i think a shell extention)

    Guest, Oct 14, 2005

    How did you delete it?

    It should be part of System monitor and not let you delete it, but if you
    have try (obviosly from task manager) sfc /scannow

    That should then try repair the missing files for you. You could just try
    expanding it from the cd as well, or if you can download SP2 and install it,
    that 'Should' repair it.

    Ashleigh

    Guest, Oct 14, 2005

    You should re-try installing SP2. That should reset all the settings for the
    core infastructure.

    Guest, Oct 14, 2005

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Why and what error messages are you getting?

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Oct 14, 2005

    I tryed it ...
    No solve my problem.
    I tryed to reinstall XP too.
    No solve my problem.
    I watched my registry and i see that all old settings stay after reinstall.
    Wanted to restore all default explorer settings in registry.

    Guest, Oct 15, 2005

    I can't have pictures in folders icons in trumbnail mode.

    Guest, Oct 15, 2005

    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    Guest, Oct 18, 2005