How to reference cancelled meeting time in Updated Meeting notice

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Calendar' started by Guest, Dec 8, 2004.

    Outlook 2000-SP3. I am a delegate for another person's calendar and accept
    and decline her meeting requests. Currently I am experiencing that when an
    "Updated Meeting" notice comes through that changes the date/time of a
    meeting, there is NO REFERENCE to the original meeting date/time that is
    being cancelled. Both the person I am a delegate for and I NEED TO KNOW the
    time that is being changed. This is especially important when it is same day
    or next day changes!! But also helpful in the week to 2-week range for
    general planning purposes. We are a very meeting-oriented culture and last
    minute changes happen. When I accept a meeting update, I need to know what
    time has just opened up, what meeting doesn't need to be prepared for, etc.
    It seems obvious/intuitive to me that an UPDATE NOTICE WOULD REFERENCE BOTH
    THE ORIGNINAL MEETING TIME (BEING CANCELLED) AND THE NEW MEETING TIME. Since
    we are not hooked up to a computer 24 hours a day, a person can be taken by
    surprise at any time because no cancellation notice was sent for an updated
    meeting - and it is not efficient to have to have to send both a cancellation
    notice and an update notice. It seems to me the cancellation notice should
    be a part of the Update notice.

    Guest, Dec 8, 2004

    Hi,
    I have posted the same issue on Outlook programming topic 3 month ago and
    didn't receivve any response for the time being. :-(
    Any news on your side ?

    Guest, Dec 23, 2004