Windows XP How to reconnect a previously removed USB drive

Reaction score
I'd like to do a weekly backup of some files to my external USB drive. After the backup has been complete I remove the USB drive with a script (same as you would do it via 'Safely Remove Hardware' so that the drive stops and does not rotate anymore (the disk LED is OFF).

But now my problem is that I'm not able to reconnect/reactive my USB drive on week later to start the next backup. Finally I'd like to reconnect the USB drive with a script but I even don't know how to do it by clicking within Windows XP. The only way I know is to unplug and replug the USB drive but this is not really an option.

Does someone know a smart way (preferred is a command line solution) to reconnect/reactive a previously removed USB drive?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which command are you using to disconnect the drive and I'll see if there is another way to do this and re-activate it :)

Ask a Question