    829-9732,
    --
    Thank you so much for helping!

    Guest, Mar 6, 2005

  2. Rich Pan wrote:
    > can anyone expert help out with Favorites questions?
    > 1. is it possible to easily "merge" two different Favorites files
    > that were each created by the Import/Export Wizard? i couldn't find
    > any way other than opening each .htm file in Microsoft FrontPage and
    > then cutting and pasting to create the union of the two .htm files.
    > 2. is it correct that if you import a new Favorites file, ie a stored
    > bookmark.htm somewhere, directly from within IE6.0, you will
    > overwrite your current Favorites list, which are then permanently
    > lost? is there a way to just append the imported Favorites to the
    > current list?
    > 3. can the original order of Favorites be retained in the Exported
    > Favorites list? ie, avoid alphabetization?
    > 4. my Favorites list appears slowly often at times, in IE6, after
    > mouse clicking the Favoirtes menubutton. is there any way from
    > within IE or Windows XP control panel, to speed up the appearance of
    > the Favorites list? Thank you so much for expert help! Richard
    > Chiang Pan, ------------, panr9@*****

    Hi - don't provide personal info such as your address, phone number, or
    email address, in newsgroup posts that will be read by thousands of complete
    strangers. In addition, note that postingin an 'unmunged' email address in a
    newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get
    spam, viruses, etc., and is not necessary anyway as all replies should go to
    the group.

    OK, as to your question - I have never tried exporting/importing (I always
    copy the whole Favorites folder wherever I wish....and if I need to 'merge'
    two, I select all the *contents* of the old Favorites folder & copy them to
    the new folder.

    That said - try it and see what happens. Make a backup of the 'destination'
    Favorites folder first just in case.

    Regarding sort order - couldn't tell you. It drives me nuts to see anything
    but alphabetical order anyway - I think it's crazy that it doesn't do this
    by default.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Mar 6, 2005

    thank you for the good advice. i also learned today there are ways to
    preserve nonalphabetical order of Favorites lists, using registry keys and
    drive mappings, please see RE: Sharing Favorites 2/8/2005 paulvanderzee and
    Re: Sharing Favorites 9/19/2004 Gary Smith, respectively, both at IE6 General
    Questions.
    thank you again. richard chiang pan

    Guest, Mar 6, 2005
  4. Rich Pan wrote:
    > thank you for the good advice. i also learned today there are ways to
    > preserve nonalphabetical order of Favorites lists, using registry
    > keys and drive mappings, please see RE: Sharing Favorites 2/8/2005
    > paulvanderzee and Re: Sharing Favorites 9/19/2004 Gary Smith,
    > respectively, both at IE6 General Questions.
    > thank you again. richard chiang pan

    Glad you have things sorted out, and thanks for posting back.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Mar 6, 2005