How to make Excel 2002 sp3 save a backup copy (previous state) of a file?

Dmitriy Kopnichev

Hello
How to make Excel 2002 sp3 save a backup copy (previous state) of a file as
Word saves when I save the file?

Gord Dibben

File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backeup".

Not sure what J.P.'s autosafe has to do with this.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Frank Kabel

Hi Gord
at least in Excel 2003 I don't have this option (or I'm just too blind
to find it)

Gord Dibben

Frank

Excel 2003.......File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backup" is
on same dialog as "Passwword to open", "Password to modify", "Read only
recommended"

Gord

Dmitriy Kopnichev

The AutoSafe.zip does not save a separate backup copy (previous state) of a
file as Word saves.

Gord Dibben

Dmitriy

Unfortunately this setting is not global and must be set for each workbook.

Gord

Lady Layla

Yeah...... otherwise where would you know where the file was or what it is being
called?

: I have to type or choose a file name to save for this Option to stay.
: "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
: : > File>Save As>Tools>General Options> "Always create backeup".
: >
: > Not sure what J.P.'s autosafe has to do with this.
: >
: > Gord Dibben Excel MVP
: >
: > On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:37:56 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <[email protected]>
: > wrote:
: >
: > >Hi
: > >ou may try Jan Karel's addin.
: > >http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
: > >(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)
: >
:
:

Dmitriy Kopnichev

Word 2002 does not require to type or choose a file name to save for this
Option to stay.