Excel How to have automated note for multiple despositions in EXCEL

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I have a set of 7 to 8 Dispositions in a cell as a drop down. Every disposition has its own unique notes in the following cell. Assuming A1 has disposition as first in class, A grade, B grade, C grade and failed. B1 contains examination month, C1 contains percentage and d1 contains names of the students. In the last coloumn I want note for every name which should concatenate D1 "has secured" C1, "Percentage in the examination conducted in", B1, and stood first in class, if he is class first. If he failed, it should show me as failed in notes. Can I have a formula.

Reaction score
Are you looking to just combine the text from Columns D, C, and B, in that order? Or are you looking to have the cell conditionally show something based on those values?

If you want to combine the values with a space in the middle it would be something like this:

=D1&" "&C1&" "&B1

If you're looking for something else, I'll need a few more specifics. What, exactly, will be in the cells that you're going to base your conditions on? What do you want it to say if those conditions are met? How do you want the notes to be formatted? Those kind of things will help me a little further if the above isn't what you want.

Reaction score
Are you looking to just combine the text from Columns D, C, and B, in that order? Or are you looking to have the cell conditionally show something based on those values?

If you want to combine the values with a space in the middle it would be something like this:

=D1&" "&C1&" "&B1

If you're looking for something else, I'll need a few more specifics. What, exactly, will be in the cells that you're going to base your conditions on? What do you want it to say if those conditions are met? How do you want the notes to be formatted? Those kind of things will help me a little further if the above isn't what you want.
StatusPercentageName Of the studentExamination MonthRemarksFirst In Class96.22Martin CroweJanuaryA Grade75.26Shane PattinsonJanuaryB Grade61.89Steffy RichardsJanuaryA Grade78.14Wilson MurhyFebrauryFail33.26SarhaFebrauryC Grade55.19BrainFebrauryB Grade68.21Sue WilliamsFebrauryB Grade66.75Irfan Febraury

If it is the sheet, in the remarks coloumn, on every student will have a different notes, but for the guys whose grade is simillar only name and percentage changes but the format remains same. For instance: Martin Crowe stood first in class for the examinations held in January with a percentage 96.22. and for the second on the remark should be Shane Pattinson scored 75.26 percentage with a grade A in the examination held in January. and it remains same if a student scores a grade. and if he fails in exam it should be accordingly.

Reaction score
if you need the wording in the middle to change like "Martin Crowe stood" vs "Shane Pattinson scored" I'll need a bit of time to work on the formula because it will be a long one. If you need the wording to stay pretty much the same but with variables, you could do this:

=C1&" scored "&B1&" percentage with a "&A1&" in the examination held in "&D1

Let me know if that will work, or if you'll need it conditionally. I have a feeling this is one of those cases where standardization in data goes a long way, like using a letter grade OR a position in a class in a column instead of both. But let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Reaction score
if you need the wording in the middle to change like "Martin Crowe stood" vs "Shane Pattinson scored" I'll need a bit of time to work on the formula because it will be a long one. If you need the wording to stay pretty much the same but with variables, you could do this:

Let me know if that will work, or if you'll need it conditionally. I have a feeling this is one of those cases where standardization in data goes a long way, like using a letter grade OR a position in a class in a column instead of both. But let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Thank you for that Alow,

But in the sheet only the name of the student remains same, rest all change from month to month. So, i need a formula where notes will change from time to time. Hope you got my point.

Reaction score

or Help me with your email id, I will send you the file.

Ask a Question