    form's property listing.

    Many thanks
    Mike Thomas

    GeyikBaba, Dec 6, 2006

  2. It sounds like the RecordSelectors on the Format tab.

    --
    HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
    Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

    ruralguy via AccessMonster.com, Dec 6, 2006

  3. GeyikBaba

    Allen Browne Guest

    I think RuralGuy has understood your question correctly, and explained how
    to set the property of the form so the Record Selector is not shown.

    Before you do that though, it does have a couple of purposes:

    a) You can click the Record Selector to select the whole record. (Same as
    Edit | Select Record). You can then operate on the entire record (e.g. press
    the Del key to delete the record, where it would merely delete the contents
    of the control if you did not have the record selected.)

    b) The icon in the Record Selector indicates the state of the record.
    Normally it is a right-pointing triangle. If you are entering/editing, it
    changes to a pencil. Once the entry is saved, it changes back to the
    triangle. In some cases, the icon changes to a no-go symbol, indicating a
    locking problems. It can be useful to know if the record is dirty or locked.

    Allen Browne, Dec 7, 2006
  4. "Allen Browne" <> wrote in

    > b) The icon in the Record Selector indicates the state of the
    > record. Normally it is a right-pointing triangle. If you are
    > entering/editing, it changes to a pencil. Once the entry is saved,
    > it changes back to the triangle. In some cases, the icon changes
    > to a no-go symbol, indicating a locking problems. It can be useful
    > to know if the record is dirty or locked.

    Clicking the record selector of a dirty record also saves it.

    --
    David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/

    David W. Fenton, Dec 7, 2006