    and I would like to get around this problem. I don't want my customers to be
    annoyed by this message. Besides, it seems that clicking "Yes" or "No" will
    open the file anyway. Can anyone help?

    RJ, Mar 18, 2009

  2. RJ

    daniel Guest

    problem is the file entension. change to xls or xlsm

    daniel, Mar 27, 2009

  3. RJ

    RJ Guest

    The files for download are Excel 2003 files (.xls), so I can't just change
    the extension to .xlsm. A lot of our customers are still using Excel 2003.

    I did try it on my test system to see what happened and the warning message
    was still displayed. Additonally, I also got an error saying that the file
    extension was wrong.

    I did see some information regarding editing the Registry to prevent the
    warning message from being displayed, but that would basically disable this
    function. I can't really recommend this to all my customers, so I want to
    know if there is anything else that I can do on the server.

    RJ, Mar 27, 2009