    now. I hope this is a simple fix...I just don't seem to be able to figue out
    how to make that paragraph symbol go away.

    Thank you

    Guest, Mar 21, 2006

    Greg Maxey Guest

    Press CTRL+Shift and the "*" key.

    --
    Greg Maxey/Word MVP
    See:
    http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
    For some helpful tips using Word.

    Greg Maxey, Mar 21, 2006

  3. There are several ways to "make it go away." Greg has mentioned one
    (Ctrl+*); you can also click the Show/Hide ¶ button on your Standard
    toolbar. You can also go to the View tab of Tools | Options and clear all
    the check boxes under "Nonprinting characters" or "Formatting marks."

    For an explanation of what all the symbols mean and why it is sometimes
    helpful to be able to see them, see
    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill